Thursday, April 22, 2010

Appreciating the Good

I'm learning that I need to recognize AND appreciate the good things in life...two very difficult things for me to do. I'm a perfectionists, so attaining a "good" rating is not as easy as it sounds. And, while I pride myself on praising the efforts of those around me, I don't always appreciate the things that are right under my nose...the things God provides always when I don't deserve them.

Things like my amazing husband. We have our struggles, just like every couple, but he really is the best earthly thing that has happened to me. It's not necessarily WHAT he does but HOW he is. He is calm, consistent, and considerate. (He e-mailed me to let me know that 1) the house was a little messy because he was working in the yard and didn't have time to clean up before work and 2) he would clean it up when he got home.) He is supportive, even when I'm stressed and over-worked. He is diligent and determined to do what needs to be done. He's amazing...and I'm so thankful for him.

And I need to remember that!

2 comments:

  1. So happy for the both of you, Rachel! He is a blessed man, and I'm so glad you appreciate him like you do. It's easy to take for granted all of God's riches! Keeping you both in my prayers. :)

    ReplyDelete